Saturday, July 9, 2016

What I did this Week: It was the Forth of July

  This past week has been busy and beautiful and broken. Here at its end I am having trouble remembering exactly how it started. One of the consequences of not journaling.

  Sunday morning found my family and I in Oklahoma. For the first time this year, all the cousins on my Dad's side were together. We had a lot of fun.
 
  Sunday afternoon found my family back in God's country with all my cousin's on my Mom's side of the family, also for the first time this year.
 
  Monday was the 4th of July. Shopping and picnicking happened.
 
   It is hard to say no to books.
 
  In the afternoon, some of us cousins decorated my oldest cousin's house. Because among family members, small acts of vandalism are tokens of affection.

 
   Tuesday I came home to find this masterpiece had come in the mail.
 
  Wednesday, I bought some patterns.
 
  Thursday, I tried out a new muffin recipe, and the results were pretty good.
 
  Yesterday, I got the lamest fortune with my takeout.
 
  Personally, this past week was good. It was really good. I got to spend time with people I love as well as get things accomplished. Nationally though, this past week has been horrible. It seems that every morning I woke to some new brokenness. I keep wanting the world to be better, and yet I live under the shadow of knowing it never really will be. This darkness may be a small and passing thing, but people are a part of this darkness, and it hurts to know that. This is going to sound silly, I needed to get that Switchfoot album when I did. It reminded pain is a part of life. It always will be. And yet pain is where God's goodness is the brightest. Its where His love is the loudest. The wound is where the light shines through.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah,
    Love the post. I really like tha pattern you picked on top of your stack. Reminds me of dresses I wore in the 60's. Keep growing in God's word. What we do for Him is the only things that will matter for eternity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it! Leave me a comment if you don't mind and let me know what you think.